Thursday, April 15, 2010


Last night I went and saw A Single Man at the Castro theater. Every time I step into this place I am blown away by the ornate detailing and beautiful ceiling. The outside of the theater is definitely inspired by Baroque style and when I researched the design of the building I found out that it's outer facade was built in homage to the church or the basillica of Mission Dolores. I love this style of architecture. It is so romantic.
A Single Man was one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. Tom Ford is one of my favorite designers mostly for his design with YSL but also because of his men's line. Who doesn't love a man in a sharp suit? It is no wonder that his style translates onto the silver screen. His style is incorporated into every set and all over design of the movie. The costume design is one for the books. I want to give a solid review of this movie but I feel that I could not do justice to how beautiful it is. Also, I had no idea what was coming and felt this enhanced the experience. I give this movie and its lead man, Colin Firth, both an A+.

1 comment: